View Single Post
Old Posted Apr 16, 2012, 2:14 PM
3rd Coast King

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr.John View Post
I'm surprised you never thought of renting a camera and lens for the weekend(friday to Monday morning) in Montreal you can rent a Sony Alpha900 (24MP) for $140 and a killer Zeiss 24-70 for $40 (total about $210 with taxes),if you charge $500-$600 you can walk away with a profit of about $400 and your shots will be stunning (resulting in more contracts in the future) PS I expect 10% of all profits and this time no fucking paypal (I still can't get my $20)
I have a homie that has all that and would let me borrow it for free if he didnt have a shoot that weekend. But I like to do it with my own gear. Plus I am not use to working with gear of that caliber. In this type of situation I need to be able to make adjustments quickly so you have to be very familiar with your gear. I probably will rent an extra flash in the future if needed. I found out that I can rent another flash with radio poppers and a stand for about $60.

I plan on getting an upgrade to an alpha 580 (same sensor as the d7000) after my next wedding shot this weekend. I am going to make $500 off that and will be able to sell my a200 and a couple lenses should get another $500. So that will pay for the motor. Still talking my wife into letting me get the new sigma 17-50mm f2.8. I really need that too. My kit lens is busted and has junk on the lens and I dont want to keep using variable aperture.

My Book