View Single Post
Old Posted Feb 4, 2014, 3:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uptowngirl View Post
There is going to be a fight over this (especially considering they may tear down buildings and this building may never get built after the fact).
I'm not opposed to a tower at all but not at the expense of tearing down the brick buildings on that corner.
The problem of making sure the building gets built before demolition can be fixed by requiring the developers to put the money in escrow ahead of time. As far as saving these buildings, I'm all for preservation, but there's literally 10 blocks of this identical design along Decatur and N. Peters. It would be awesome if the developer dismantled the buildings and relocated them to empty historic blocks like along Rampart or the opposite side of N. Peters. Someone with some power propose that please!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ardecila View Post
...needs to get rid of that gallery and the facades look like a cheap tower in Florida
It's not so bad, it's just hard to tell from the low graphic rendering how quality the materials are (that black might be onyx for all I can tell), but I definitely like the galleries. It'd be a fun place to spend Mardi Gras, and it makes the building more pedestrian friendly (you can avoid the sun and rain, something New Orleans gets a lot of). I hate in other cities' downtowns when you're walking along a big building with no protection, makes me appreciate NOLA.