View Single Post
Old Posted Apr 6, 2012, 3:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ardecila View Post
No, you've got it backwards. The interchange at the West Bypass and the Northwest Tollway (Addams) has all possible ramps. The interchange at the West Bypass and the Tri-State does not.
No, no; please reread my post - we are talking about the same thing. Just for clarity maybe I should have written "(via the Addams)" at the end of my first sentence.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ardecila View Post
Unfortunately, this massive new project will not eliminate my biggest pet peeve - you cannot go from the inbound NW Tollway to Rosemont directly. You have to go into O'Hare and loop around the terminals then backtrack, or take a circuitous detour via Mannheim. None of it is signed.
Are you saying you had hoped for a project that is on the W and S edges of the airport to ameliorate a problem on its NE corner? At best you'd end up with a gas-guzzling detour around the airport in order to finally arrive at Rosemont. Isn't the simplest prescription here to add an EB off-ramp around Higgins or something like that? It would need toll booths -- maybe all of this is already contemplated for the Addams rebuild?