View Single Post
Old Posted Feb 16, 2009, 3:49 AM

Good responses Porpoise and Port. I get a bit defensive while also being upset at where this town is. Porpoise, I know most people in the greater area who read this and respond know what Pensacola is and isn't, I basically write these posts for the sake of the likes of StevenW from Baltimore, now in South Carolina. If he goes by the overdone contrast in posts and pics...Pensacola would certainly leave him with an impression of the equivelant to Prosperity, SC (down the road from him). Many more like him that have no clue of either one of our towns certainly visit this thread at least once (1,500+ views). I just can't accept letting that perception go that bad no matter how much I am mad at this city. We do have a tiny Mardi Gras (but not the same Catholic base to make it as big originally as in NO or Mobile). We do have a great history of failed sports teams, lol.

It is all sad, but you know what....the funny thing is Mobile gives me hope actually. For many of the reasons "Port of Bama" said. You guys were once right there with us in decay (like only 20 years ago). What a turn around. Who knows what could happen here with the right leadership, less resistance from NIMBY fuddy duddy's and luck. The place has the natural resources in place to make something happen. As upset as people are here watching what Mobile is doing....one day we are gonna vote out enough jerk-offs to make strides.