View Single Post
Old Posted Apr 2, 2012, 8:58 PM
City of Blinding Lights

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tropics View Post
A pub with a huge riverfront patio right off the riverpath that served a huge selection of draft would be packed nonstop from April to October. Light it up the patio at night so that the light reflects off the water and it would almost be better at night then in the daytime.

I am all for that. IMO if they really go to town on developing the riverpath system overlooking the river, lighting up the riverpath along the entire route at night, getting things to do along it like having pubs like that, it would be unbelievably popular.
Really hard to say with this one. I agree that a pub in that location would be very cool. But that being said, the pub would have to be at the base of some sort of development meaning that the pub would be in the shadow of said development. Patios with limited to no sunlight generally are a no go. From a business model standpoint, if you could get the sun/exposure figured out then you would likely have good business during the summer but the winters would be VERY tough unless you modeled yourself as a year round destination like Melrose.

I still think that this is a long shot, based on the fact that places like Oceana have never expanded their patio space...