View Single Post
Old Posted Jan 3, 2018, 1:45 PM
What could go wrong?

I think CentreVenture has done a good job at filling out the SHED District. (Lets not argue about the details of what they did and didn't do) I would love to see them attack or create some other districts or areas to focus on. 3 of them come to mind.

My biggest one would be the YELLOW AREA from P&M to Shaw Park and from the exchange south down Main to Union Station. Almost entirely surface parking lots.

My 2nd one would be the BLUE AREA I hate the sea of surface lots here. The Donald strip between St Marys and south of Broadway is a terrible drive. I loved the one submission as part of the MPI RFP by, I believe Verne Reimer

Last is the ORANGE AREA the Graham corridor specifically the massive 2 lots between Smith and Fort. Yes, yes, I know one is slated for SkyCity but do we honestly think that will happen?

Anyways....thoughts
"But a city can be smothered by too much reverence for its past. The skyline must keep acquiring new peaks, because the day we consider it complete and untouchable is the day the city begins to die." - Justin Davidson - May 2010 Issue of New York

Last edited by Biff; Jan 3, 2018 at 2:12 PM.