View Single Post
Old Posted Mar 19, 2007, 11:35 PM

This thread seems to be more active these days, I need to start checking in here more often

Quote:
Originally Posted by keg92101
If you look on the site, the 1 story building, which will be a cafe/grille for the park, is just about finished out as the pinnacle sales office. I think they are going to try to get this off the ground, pending sales, by years end. The DDA states that the park has to be completed by either the end of 2007 or the end of 2008, and I believe the project will extend the underground garage under a portion of the park.
This is great news! I thought this project died a long time ago, since there hadn't been any updates on it in some time now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by keg92101
This will not be any competion for San Diego's CC. This will merely serve as overflow as to what the SDCC cannot book due to its surplus of conventions. The SDCC has the gaslamp, CV has nothing.
Hmmm.....I recall an article that expressed concerns by the folks at the SDCC saying that said it may hurt their business in the future. I'm hoping both facilites can work together and be successful. Of course, the SDCC will always be the better of the two because of it's location and surrounding amenities.

Quote:
Originally Posted by octosd
How much weight would you guys give to these timelines. Looks like 15th and Island is not a joke since they're finishing up the sales office.
While the CCDC tries to keep the project descriptions up-to-date, they've never been 100% accurate.

Quote:
Originally Posted by spoonman
I started a bunch of new threads under the "highrise construction" forum.
I started ones for:

Electra - 43 Floors
One Library Circle (Library Tower) - 43 Floors
Vantage Point -4o Floors
15th & Island - 31 & 39 Floors
Bayside at the Embarcadero - 36 Floors
Sapphire Tower - 32 Floors
Great job! I thought about starting up the same threads some time ago but didn't think there were enough SD forumers to keep it alive. Maybe now there are...

We could probably add the Hilton, Diegan and Aria to the list since each is over 15 floors and 200 feet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmfarley
Here are some pictures I took on St Patricks Day of a few sites and buildings planned or going up.
Thanks for posting

Quote:
This new Lane Field development makes me sick...The architect should be ashamed, its a modern version of the Holiday Inn towers, which perpetuate the very image this city doesn't need, pink cinderblock towers with ragged palm trees and massive parking lots. If it's not enough to look like the Holiday Inn abomination, they're twin towers too...
Aww....c'mon, the design isn't that bad, is it? I hate that they are twins, but I think the crown is pretty unique. The base of the towers need a complete overhaul, which I'm sure they'll do as the project comes to closer to being approved. I'm most happy that it's not another Vancouver-inspired tower with a "fin".

Quote:
PS: Does anyone know what ever happened to this project? Its the Kettner/Ash site, which is ajacent to Sapphire and Bayside. It would make that area incredibly dense as Breeza, Sapphire, Treo, Grande, Allegro are all going to be there.
Here's another project that I thought was dead. The first rendering looks like a mixture of Electra, The Grande and Bayside in one. In other words, it's nothing we haven't seen before. Damn those Vancouver architects...it's a love/hate relationship with them for me.

Here's a profile rendering of Bayside that I've never seen before from the Amana Architect website: