View Single Post
Old Posted Nov 19, 2016, 9:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RocketSurgeon View Post
I'd argue that the shelter is more of a Downtown problem. The southern part of Midtown is bustling; there seems to be more pedestrian activity between 10th and Ponce there than anywhere else in the neighborhood. North of that, Spring is mostly vacant and there isn't much retail on Peachtree. Of course that's changing as we speak, but for now if you looked at a heat map of activity you'd probably see most of it concentrated in the southern half. I consider projects like Hanover and lilli to be polish at this point, and things like Coda are really just an extension of Tech Square. The projects in the northern half are truly transformative, though... it's a bit of a ghost town now but in a few years it sould be as active as the areas farther south.

I should have clarified what I meant by south Midtown...which is south of 6th down to Emory/Crawford Long and the Connector. There is not alot of pedestrian activity in the evenings south of 5th to North unless the Fox is having a show. I think Lillii will change this some and hopefully also bring more residential down that stretch.

Midtown between 6th and 17th is definitely bustling!