View Single Post
Old Posted Apr 12, 2017, 12:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jshdodd View Post
The problem with Dallas has always been Dallas. I don't know why but Dallas has never had a good reputation for road maintenance. Dallas' current road infrastructure is largely obsolete and desperately needs an upgrade. Many of these roads were built 70-80 years ago. Seriously. Most of them were never designed for the loads and amount of cars they carry on a daily. Dallas has an amazing skyline with amazing buildings. But from the ground, the conditions o the streets really just takes so much away from the city. Something also needs to be done about all of the open wires hanging over the streets. The city needs to start burying all power lines around the core.
Austin's road surfaces are just about as bad. Traveling around the country, I find the same problem in most of the large cities. The funds just aren't available and residents don't want to pay for it. Some of the worst are in L.A., and up north, it's just a way of life because of the freeze-thaw cycles. The only place I've been that has pretty much consistently good surfaces is Phoenix.