View Single Post
Old Posted Jan 4, 2012, 6:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrChills View Post
I hear you - Windsor has far more buildings that you could consider a skyscraper, although the two cities are about as different as you can get in Canada. There might be more people living in downtown Windsor, but the I could consider the downtown of St. John's more dense, it is a very lively city for its size.

The biggest issue with St. John's, "growing up", is the amount of buildings and land that are considered historic - it's actually depressing to see the amount of projects that the St. John's City council turns down, while they allow a complete uncontrolled suburbanization of any land around the city.
St Johns looks like a great city to visit, I would love to go there. I'm just really surprised that it's downtown skyline is so stubby. It would look great with a few larger highrises mixed in, especially with the beautiful setting it's in.

Windsor's skyline does indeed need some density and a few more highrises mixed in to make it look less linear. We have a stretch of towers along the riverfront and also a stretch along our mainstreet, with a few highrises scattered around the rest of the core. Just a few more buildings strategically placed would do wonders for the city.