View Single Post
Old Posted Apr 24, 2015, 9:41 AM
obit anus, abit onus

Quote:
Originally Posted by PDXDENSITY View Post
I don't think anyone should be able to deny with a straight face a streetcar wasn't better than a bus in this instance to spur development. It obviously was the right choice to get development to occur.
I wasn't talking about spurring development, I was talking about providing service. So people can sell their cars.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RED_PDXer View Post
From what I know, bus service is back to pre-recession levels for the most part, except for some Sunday service. Cutting back service due to a severe national recession isn't reason to fire all TriMet management. It seems they were able to deal with recession as best as could be expected.
I'm surprised to hear anyone actually defending Tri-Met's management. Do you ride the bus, RED_PDXer?

I may be quite ignorant on this subject, but here are the reasons why I have the impression they're incompetent and should all be canned.

Tri-Met's ridership has been flat during a period when ridership is increasing in the rest of the country. The cost of a 30-day pass is far higher in Portland than in US cities with far better transit systems. And Tri-Met continues to blame the recession and labor unions for its money troubles, since management has decided not to be straightforward with the public and at least acknowledge for example that the whole WES project was/is asinine stupidity. Also, their bloated administration was awarding itself secret pay raises as Tri-Met was cutting service. Kate Brown's audit noted that morale among Tri-Met employees is abysmal, which is generally a good indication that an organization is failing.

And they killed the Fareless Square.