View Single Post
Old Posted Jul 12, 2018, 10:12 PM

I definitely don't see Cap Hill as Denver's best urban neighborhood. Maybe 10-20 years ago before the urban Renaissance swept across the city, when it was the best Denver had to offer. However, things are now much different.

I have lived here three years, and have observed dramatic changes just in that short time frame.
1.) The Union Station neighborhood is now almost built out with two full grocery stores, instant transit access to the entire metro area, and close access to the river and trails. Not to mention the numerous bars/restaurants that have opened.
2.) Central Platte has continued to refine itself as an extension of the LoDo area where new office space is sprouting up, along with a handful of new bars.
3.) Highlands continues to add new housing, restaurants, and bars. I live in Jefferson Park, which up until a few years ago, was not a favorable place to live.
4.) With the A line 38th and Blake station and Brighton redone, RiNo is the neighborhood I have witnessed change the most. Numerous residential projects going in, tons of great bars and restaurants, along with existing places.

No offense to Cap Hill, but it really isn't changing much compared to what I have listed above. It doesn't have close access to mass transit like you get with LoDo, RiNo, and even the Highlands. Further, there aren't many large-scale projects in the books for this area as well. Whereas we have heard about ambitious plans in the Elitch's area, along with the parking lots around Mile High and across from Coors Field.

I remember before I moved to Denver, someone telling me about how awesome Cap Hill was. My impression though when I first drove down Colfax was underwhelming. I am sure if Colfax is redone to incorporate BRT and mulit-modal transit, we may see a sway towards more development. But for now, other neighborhoods have the momentum behind them......