View Single Post
Old Posted Nov 8, 2018, 3:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LouisVanDerWright View Post
I lived at Loyola's downtown campus for a year and can say there was never any serious crime there. It's probably a bit of a hotspot for ultra petty crimes, but it was usually someone getting caught trying to make a dash for the subway after snatching a purse or a smartphone usually over on Michigan and Chicago or a scuffle between a couple of drunk people. If anything it's the wealth on Michigan Ave attracting theives (or the giant groups of maurauding "Urban youths" that occasionally ransack corners of downtown) who then enter or exit the area through the nearest train stop. It's probably no different than the crime pattern you'd see at Grand. But yeah, there's no "criminal threat" posed by the panhandlers or McDonald's crowd you see loitering in the area. Welcome to the big city guys, sometimes there's "weird" people hanging out by the train...
You consider someone snatching a purse or phone (ie. Robbery) to be a "petty crime"?!

The intersection isn't bad, but there is definitely crime that happens there - My wife's sister had her purse ripped from her by a couple of teens a couple years ago, and my wife also witnessed a stabbing in front of the McDonald's in like 2015.