View Single Post
Old Posted Aug 21, 2017, 4:18 PM
I am the law!

In case you didn't already know, I really dislike the series of contrasting black and white colour blocks put forth by Graziani & Corrazza all across Toronto and beyond . There's nothing "interesting" about it. It's just tacky. However, for similar projects look no further than Lago on the Waterfront or, predecessors to the black n white series, DNA3 or Waterscapes.

I haven't yet seen one design for the Chelsea that I could say WTF to in the same light of YC. G+C is proving that it is a fine line between whimsical and tacky. They are only proving aA criticism for playing it easy by continuing with inspired patterned balcony plays is unwarranted. It's harder than it looks. One key is obviously aA is able to convince some of the cheapest developers to spend a little more or consider the exterior facade deserves attention instead of an afterthought to the interior design/layout.

I agree One Bloor will date quickly but, so will YC's black and white staggered blocks. One doesn't look like a spandrel and mullion mess.

Last edited by WhipperSnapper; Aug 21, 2017 at 4:32 PM.