View Single Post
Old Posted Jun 20, 2007, 11:43 PM
World Traveler

I assume you want information on newly constructed/planned hotels, not hotels that have been built already, so here's what I know [Most of the bigger projects in town residential, commercial, or mixed-use]:

*In the Riverstone Development (Cd'A), there will be two hotels:
1. Hampton Inn and Suites (currently under construction)-100 room, 6-story hotel
2. Marriott Residence Inn (planned)

*At The Pointe at Post Falls, there are two hotels planned. Nothing has been announced and construction would start in a year or two.

*Two years ago, Duane Hagadone, the owner of the Coeur d'Alene Resort proposed building a second tower across the street from the Resort Plaza Shops and connecting it via skywalk. There were some discussions with the city after he wanted to add a community garden. The hotel tower proposal was later withdrawn after Hagadone didn't get the concessions that he wanted, but the 2nd Resort tower will be built in the future (may take 5-10 more years, though).

*Silverwood Theme Park (20 miles north of Cd'A), the largest theme park in the Northwest (draws over 500,000 visitors a year) is planning on building a hotel in the future.

*Holiday Inn Express in Hayden (opened a few years ago, but it is a nice little attraction)-connected to Triple Play Family Fun Center, which has bowling, go-karts, laser tag, bumper boats, 2 minature golf courses, and an indoor waterpark which features over 25,000 sq. ft. with a tropical themed wave pool, jacuzzi, a children's lagoon, 2-story play structure with tipping bucket and a 60ft. tower with multiple tube and body slides.

I'll be taking some pictures in town this weekend. You're welcome to use them if you'd like. If you want to know about existing hotels, I'd be glad to provide you with some more information.
Spokane, WA-Cd'A, ID CSA....785,302