View Single Post
Old Posted Sep 1, 2007, 1:28 PM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by vmx View Post
pennsgrant, I am all for it, don't take it the wrong way... I do have my doubts... brandywine is NOT one of the largest companies out there, although at the moment it is "still" financially sound.

http://www.bizjournals.com/austin/st...2/daily32.html

Brandywine, with headquarters in Plymouth Meeting, Pa., now owns or manages a portfolio of 49 million square feet of space with a total market capitalization of $6 billion, making it one of the largest office real estate investment trusts in the industry.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vmx
Look at our belowed RAIT (NYSE: RAS). It went from hero to almost zero in no time (only about 2 months ago RAS market cap was as big as BDN now).
Rait is a mid level real estate broker specializing in debt financing. Whereas Brandywine Realty is a national real estate developer. I just don't see the comparison. Two completely different sectors. Just beause Rait is struggling with securities issues doesn't mean Brandywine can't go to a larger broker to get capital.

This isn't a project where you go looking for pessimism. Just my opinion, but if this project doesn't come to fruition it would be a shock. Anything is possible but it would take a huge downturn in the economy to throw mud in the eye of U.Penn,Brandywine,Keating. 3 of the most powerful, deep pocketed entities in Pennsylvania.

This isn't World Acquisition Partners, this isn't Marina View, this isn't Mahoney.