View Single Post
Old Posted Jan 3, 2018, 5:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Authentic_City View Post
I didn't mean to imply that restoration and adaptive reuse of a heritage building is easy. I am simply reacting to the building owner's comment about the only value being the building's footprint. This seems to imply that he would like to see the building demolished. I'm somewhat reassured by Labroco's comments about the owner. But you have to admit that when the owner of a warehouse in the Exchange muses in the local media about the only value of their building being its footprint, a person can connect the dots.

But, the article is now 10 years old and the building still stands. This is a good thing.

I wish I could find the comment about the potential brewery interest this space. Does anyone else remember this? Or did I just imagine this? Could be Nonsuch as they have indicated that their location will be downtown. Who knows.
Well, if the building has plenty of limitations, then yes, it's footprint/location might be its largest asset. If it can't generate revenue/profit, what value does it provide for any owner.

I dunno, maybe we're going in circles.

I thought Nonsuch was going in there, and that made me happy. Hopefully they end up somewhere else in the exchange.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1ajs View Post
nonesuch is working on funding their space it will happen takes time with the city on these types of spaces with permits and such... plus right now they seem focused on creating some really good beer if u guys havent tried their saison u should tasty as hell got em to have it stocked in norther mb over twitter.... then bought 2 and took em to calgary for christmas yum witch were well injoyed with some friends. i will be buying more if theres any left when i pass through thompson also sounds like they got bunch more good brews coming out soon.

theres 4 nuttle club buildings fyi
nonsuch is supost to go in the one at lombard and waterfront

the portage and westbrook 2 story one is fully up to code and is home to les.net the taller one beside it is where they do the pop corn and the one across the lain is offices and storage for scott bathgate aka owners of the nutty club brand
Is supposed to be in the on one lombard or was supposed to be? Either way, just glad to know they're still active.