View Single Post
Old Posted Aug 24, 2014, 9:58 AM

Run down of recent projects...

First of all apologies for not showing any pictures- I just saw there hasn´t been any Frankfurt update for more than 2 years(!). Given there is a truck load of new projects piling up I quickly wanted to share the newest status. Sorry if I should miss any projects, could well be, there is simply too much going these days- construction boom in Frankfurt!!

Recently finished:
ECB Skytower (185/201m)
Taunusturm (170m)
TT Wohnturm (68m), residential
Alpha Rotex (66m)

Under construction:
Neuer Henniger Turm (140m), residential
WinX Tower (110m)
Turmcenter (74m)
St.Martin Tower (70m)
Porta (70m)
Credit Suisse T8 (68m)
Westside Tower (66m), residential
Panorama (64m)
Axis (60m), residential

Announced:
Tower 1 (+200m)
Tower 2 (165m), residential
Marieninsel (155m)
HH am Polizeipräsidium (145m)
Kulturcampus I (140m)
Kaulturcampus II (100m)
Messe Süd (100m)
Telenorma Areal (2/3 x 90m), residential
Porsche Design Tower (86m), residential
Wohnturm Stiftstrasse (80m), residential
Kulturcampus III (70m), residential
Praedium (66m), residential
Wohntürme Sommerhoffpark (2 x 60m), residential
Hotel am Molenkopf (60m)
Office Tower Hanauer (60m)

On top there are several major city development projects ongoing or in the planning:
Europaviertel with 8 towers (60-100m) in total, 5 of which are u/c or annonced to start soon (Axis, Westside, Messe Süd, Praedium, Porsche Design) and 3 more to come (partly residential)
Kulturcampus with 3 towers (70-140m, partly residential)
Deutsche Bank triangle Junghofstr/Gallusstr, here the 226m MAX was originally planned, discussions to redevelop quarter with mix of office and residential towers
Gateway Gardens, office park near the airport with 5 towers planned of which one (Alpha Rotex) is already built
...and more to come

Two observations from Frankfurt:
a) A considerable number of low-rise towers in the 60-100m range are popping up. What may sound sobering is actually great for the city -Frankfurt has never had an issue with missing heights and the +150m towers keep coming- what hopefully will further improve is the density of the skyline.
b) For the first time residential towers seem to become popular. A number of luxury projects are in the pipeline (Neuer Henninger, Tower 2, Porsche Design etc.) and even former 60s/70s office towers get refurbished into residential buildings. Frankfurt´s population is growing rapidly and space is extremely limited so there will most likely be even more residential towers in the future!