View Single Post
Old Posted Nov 12, 2018, 12:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tatts View Post
Um...I could propose a 3,000 ft tall tower right for Point Breeze--the next Burj Khalifa--and it would be no less a pipe dream than any building in that Schuylkill Yards project.
For someone who posts in the Philly section of SSP, you really don't understand the difference between an artist's conception and a concrete plan.
None of those buildings is anything more than a developer's tortured fantasy. There's nobody ready to pay for them, nobody ready to move in to them, no detailed plans, no contracts. Nobody is going to build a supertall skyscraper (or a 20-story box) unless they have somebody ready to move in and pay for it.
There is no market for those buildings; and until Amazon moves here (or some other huge company), there won't be. That land will stay low-rise for decades.
I wish that were not the case, and I think Schuylkill Yards is a far, far better fit to Amazon's RFP than Long Island or Virginia. But without them, the plans for SY aren't worth the computer monitors they're displayed on.

And since Amazon already knows where its future lyes .... ( did I spell that right ? ) ..... and the chance of some other blue
chip mega business moving here is a bit of a stretch ..... don't count on any new extended skyline any time soon .