View Single Post
Old Posted May 2, 2012, 10:09 PM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ch.G, Ch.G View Post
Well, if you know for a fact that redevelopment hasn't occurred because black people don't want white people around, I'm sure you won't have any problem providing evidence to bolster your claim.

Again, you invoke your authority (a "serious" of college courses) as a way of silencing criticism. Look, if you make claims like "it's widely accepted by sociologists [that x is the cause of y]," you better bring the goods (verifiable sources) to back it up. More often than not, on any issue—and especially on an issue as complex as inner city racial dynamics—there are going to be a bunch of competing theories. Vague appeals to your supposed credibility do not change this.
I never said they were successful, only that there is a vocal element of the community that is unquestionably against development. You can't exactly provide evidence of things people have said off record...

No, I didn't invoke anything, you essentially asked me to substantiate these claims and where I got that info from so I did. I can dig up the name of my old textbook if you'd like and you can read it for yourself.

Again, you can keep up the character assassination all you want and it doesn't make your initial argument or point any less stupid. You aren't fooling anyone. No one is going to back you up on this issue, how you can be so shocked and in denial of these racial/social issues is beyond me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ch.G, Ch.G View Post

It sounds like you're dialing it back. "A good portion" is much more than "a handful." And impediment = roadblock. What's more, your example of the Pickford Theater says nothing about racism, but it's telling that you think it does.
Sounds to me like you've got literacy issues considering he didn't once use the term racism until you flipped shit and brought it up. It's not necessarily racist to want to recreate the black metropolis even if it requires seemingly racist opposition to white immigration to achieve that goal.

Last edited by Nowhereman1280; May 2, 2012 at 10:24 PM.