View Single Post
Old Posted Aug 14, 2016, 3:56 AM
I ♣ Baby Seals

A fine Saturday evening downtown.

Video Link

J and I took P and E (visiting from Winnipeg) and another two Js (visiting from Toronto) to George Street to get them Screeched in.

Parked by the Anglican Cathedral and walked down.

Along Water Street...

To George Street...

The bride was accepting money from bar hoppers. Normally the bride and groom would just walk by and people would slip bills to the wedding party, but this bride was getting it herself. Also, if you want to know how cold it was today, that's a fur shawl she's got on.

The wedding was at Yellowbelly.

We walked on to Christian's for the 9 p.m. Screech in. A little early but the next one was 11:15 p.m. and one of J's guests from TO was absolutely exhausted and didn't think she'd make it that long (we warned her George Street doesn't fill up until 1ish).

They do the best one in the city. Part of the ceremony involves everyone announcing where they're from. There was actually another couple there from Winnipeg. The rest were New Zealand, England, Toronto, and one girl from Cape Breton who almost wasn't allowed to do it because that's "almost close enough".

Okay, maybe the second-best one in the city, if you're into being forced by a Montreal stripper to kiss a frozen fish.

We got cat-called BAD by the strippers outside the club. Obviously they do it to everybody, still felt nice.

Then we walked to George Street West, which is a deader end of the street.

To go to the bars in the court for a few pints. It's typically a younger crowd than I go for, but it's proper pubs and bars. None of the laser lights or dance music, which I do love, but proper St. John's nightlife, authentic. So that's what we wanted to show them.

And then back to George for a bite before bed.