View Single Post
Old Posted Jul 24, 2018, 12:26 AM
Ham-burgher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dengler Avenue View Post
Oh yea I forgot to say. One night heading back to KW via 6, past intersection with 5, I saw a Hamilton police cruiser sitting at the median. But it was Hamilton police! When we were in Puslinch, I had to remind the driver it’s a 60-kph zone. (He was going 100.) Knowing how fierce OPPWest is, I had to remind him in case an unmarked cruiser was actually hiding somewhere.

The only time I saw OPP was a while back when I saw 2 of them going north with lights on (but sirens off).
They're actually around quite a lot on Hwy 6.

There are a few places OPP and Hamilton police like to sit with the radar. Most of the 4-lane portion of the highway is dead-straight but there are hills and they'll nab the speeders coming over them, or hide out on a concession where they can't be seen until you're right there. Another juicy spot is the one you mention at Maddaugh Rd just after the road narrows to 2 lanes and drops from 80 km/h to 60, and the trees give them some cover on the sideroad. Just south of Morriston is another one, where there's another speed limit change.