View Single Post
Old Posted Aug 25, 2013, 3:47 PM

I'm with Nyguy on this, regardless of how this tower turns out, there's so much momentum in NYC real estate that I'm sure we won't have to wait too long to see buildings reaching to new heights. Just look at the building a block down which was supposed to be a 700 footer not that long ago but may turn into a 1200 footer. Developers seem to be maximizing as much of the space they can build on as they can, and considering how scarce land to build on is getting in the city, I can only expect this trend to accelerate as demand is still strong for residential towers and office space is more and more outdated.
That said I will be quite disappointed if the building turns out shorter than advertised, this might be one of the most anticipated building in the city and all the anticipation is predicated on its height since there are no renderings. Unlike let's say a Tower Verre (which height deduction I still can't get over), most of us skyscraper enthusiasts are still quite exited about it getting built because the design is so bad ass, we can't say the same when it comes to the Nordstrom tower cause we just don't know what it looks like, so the excitement is constrained to what we expect will be the tallest building by roof height in the city; so yea I'll be very disappointed if it turns out shorter but that has no bearing on NYC and how it's skyline is evolving cause I'm pretty sure other tower will reach those heights sooner rather than later.