View Single Post
Old Posted Mar 31, 2014, 11:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Roboto View Post
So you quote one post that actually has a reasonable point, and follow up to supplement it with a post that makes a pretty stupid one. Yeah, you know you are being inflammatory as possible with an ignorant remark, so of course you preemptively strike with the typical non-creative "the PC police shows up in 5..." comment. And to top it off, you started it all with the usual straw man argument that no ones really used much in the last 15 years or so. Really awesome perspective you have added here.
For real.

Schools have to find ways to adapt to the populations they serve. The formula that works for privileged people will not work for the underprivileged. And make no mistake: Privilege is exactly what we're talking about here (for example—and this is just one of many—the privilege to be free of a legal and law enforcement that isn't stacked against you).

Anyway, I think in the past decade schools have finally realized this and started getting more creative. I'm somewhat wary of charter schools, but I appreciate the innovation they foment and imagine that, among them, certain models will emerge as the most successful and worthy of replication.