View Single Post
Old Posted Jun 17, 2009, 9:45 PM
devout Pizzatarian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buckeye Native 001 View Post
And if it hasn't been said already, the retro stadia aren't a bad thing, per se. We could've ended up with 20+ variations of the Skydome or US Cellular in its original form (before the renovations/improvements) but its clearly a case of there being too much of a good thing. Reminds me of the quote "You're unique, just like everyone else."
i completely agree, we can quibble about po-mo brick detailing on the exterior of this stadium or that one, or perhaps what some have derided as the distraction-ridden "mall-parks" that take focus away from the game itself, but i still think the development of baseball-only stadiums over the past 2 decades has been great for the game of baseball at the professional level.

there era of the one-size-fits-all, concrete, soulless, multi-use, donut is long since dead, and it's a wonderful thing regardless of what architectural vocabulary the designers choose to wrap these new baseball-only facilities with.