View Single Post
Old Posted Mar 2, 2018, 1:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MolsonExport View Post
Well, I am not a fan of Wynne and her liberal government. I am staunch social liberal, and a relative fiscal conservative, but the latter in the sense of a having a strong belief of investing in infrastructure (physical, but also educational, social programs) that will pay future dividends.

I personally have quite a low opinion about the incumbent political party, but so far it has been more than matched by the bottom-of-the-barrel conservative campaigns of late. I abhor Tim Hudak, who was a complete caricature of the asshole-as-tight-as-a-snare-drum conservative populist jerk, scapegoating teachers and public sector workers as the cause of all that is wrong with Ontario. Mike Harris's nonsense revolution, Ernie Eves worthless platitudes. Patrick Brown is morally repugnant and intellectually bankrupt.

Any party that starts talking about God and religion (a thin veneer for divisive identity politics, and where so-called "Christian values" are anything but) is a party that is not going to get my vote.

Nor will bullshit pandering to the lowest common denominator, a la Ford Nation. Guaranteed I will always vote against hypocritical bullshit artists like Rofo and his hash-dealing, lizard of a brother.
One thing that has amazed me about this country (and I've lived in Canada all of my life) is the fact that we actually had a crackhead drug-dealer running a world-class city like Toronto who somehow managed to avoid getting arrested for his uh, extra-curricular activities.

I personally am centrist when it comes to politics. I avoid the extreme left and right ends of the political spectrum. As to Tim Hudak, all I can say is that he was an absolute peckerhead. Good friggin' riddance, please flush!

I remember reading a news article or something similar (maybe online?) and killing myself laughing because Hudak was likened to looking like a Japanese carp because of his facial structure. It fit. After all, what are carp but bottom-feeding fish?

I also believe in funding social welfare for those who genuinely cannot work and support themselves through no fault of their own. I also support good infrastructure funding.

Where conservatives ever get the idea that more poverty is better and that austerity works is beyond me. They truly do live in their own delusional little worlds.