View Single Post
Old Posted May 1, 2018, 8:17 PM
Unapologetic Occidental

I don't really care any more. Just pointing out the inconsistencies.

All of the stuff that you and so many others are salivating over as "new" and global" has actually existed for centuries - and so is old - and is totally traditional and localized in some other part of the world. (I don't think we have seen a major new team sport emerge on the global stage in multiple generations.)

Anyway, tell a British person you're all excited about these "novel" games like cricket, rugby and association football, and they'll laugh you out of the room.

And of course none of these sports would have radiated outwards from their home bases if the people who created had thought they sucked and derided them.

The first step to having other people find you and what you do worthy of interest, is for you to find you yourself worthy of interest.

Finally, a true indicator of the immaturity of this mindset is the post where you said something like "OMG! The rugby final in London draws 80,000 people! Can you believe it????"

Of course I can believe it. Why wouldn't I believe it? I knew that already. And if I didn't I would have probably expected it.