View Single Post
Old Posted Oct 31, 2014, 2:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattgrande View Post
I figure they're landing at Toronto airport so people can connect to other flights, not for people whose final destination is Toronto.

Also, 35 minutes from Stoney Creek to TO? Were you averaging 160km/h?
135km/h. on cruise control. usually sunday nights at midnight. Im living and working in Oshawa for a few months so I make the trip to and back from Hamilton several times a month. can make it to the 427 from grays rd in 30 minuntes.

but back on topic. so they're going to connect to to flights from the island airport and then when they fly back take another boat plane back to hamilton harbour?

im not seeing the economical business plan in that. how many trips will this thing need to make a day to be economical. are there even enough people from the Hamilton area who would fill this plane up multiple times a day. most Hamiltonians fly out of Pearson, Buffalo and Hamilton. Billy Bishop is a distant 4th on that list.

Not to mention the bi laws that would need to be passed. Residents are already complaining about the noise at Sarcoa, now they're going to have a loud plane flying in and out daily. And they want to build condos at pier 5 to 7. I wouldn't want a plane flying around daily.

Anyways, Put me in the corner that says this operation doesn't even get off the ground. I'll eat my words if i'm wrong.