View Single Post
Old Posted Jun 18, 2018, 4:33 AM
Fourth and Main

Thank you for the update, kdwinston! I can only see the photograph of Hotel Indigo, though.

Projects & Construction:
I want to thank the photographers and local businesses, sharing updates on projects, who make this thread possible. Without you, these updates won't happen.

Video Link

Hotel Indigo:

Credit: jake_tennyson

A look at the inside with visitors from D.C.,:

Credit: Omega Construction

A look at the floor plan from 2016:

Credit: CJMW

I think this is the front desk? This design is from 2016, so it may have changed since then?

Credit: CJMW

Union Station & Streetcar Yard:

Credit: winstonwatchman

Downtown Hampton Inn & Suites:

Credit: kyleduncanphoto

500 West Fifth:

Big cranes:

Credit: bigdentong

The opening on the seventh floor where they are lifting the HVAC equipment into the building:

Credit: owens_daniels_photography

First Baptist Church Restoration:

A look inside the tall tower:

Credit: Walter Robbs

Morris Building:

As of Friday (6/15):

Credit: cyclerstyle

Bailey Power Plant - Cugino Forno:
I usually don't follow projects like these on this thread, but since this is inside the power plant, I thought it could be interesting to follow... if photographs are available? We will softly follow it, which means it won't appear on our project list, but I may post updates If I find them.

Credit: cugino_forno_ws

Whitaker Park Mixed-use Project:
An Indiana-based medical device company will buy an 850,000 square-foot building in Whitaker Park for their engineering, production, researching & development, and marketing operations. This is expected to be a major investment. They will spend tens of millions of dollars to renovate the building. This is half of the available work space in the Whitaker Park mixed-use development and could bring thousands of employees to the development by 2021.

411 West Fourth / Chamber Building:

Store shelves in the upscale grocery market and bistro:

Credit: canteen411

Link Apartments Innovation Quarter:

A rendering of the storefronts (If you would like to lease one of these spaces, call 336-926-1411):

Credit: CRA

Alternative Transportation:

Passageway Park:
They have completed around 90% of the landscaping work and will soon start on wayfinding/signage.

Credit: sarah_in_carolina

East-West Expressway Bike & Pedestrian Path:
An update on this 255 foot / 78 metre pedestrian and bike tunnel. They are currently working on half of the tunnel. It will have lighting. We need to add this project to our construction list! It's a project the city's cycling community has worked hard to make happen.

Credit: WXII 12

Random Photographs:

Credit: a_mazzocchi