View Single Post
Old Posted Jan 24, 2024, 2:52 PM
Ham-burgher

Quote:
Originally Posted by megadude View Post
The power centre at Burloak and QEW has had declining occupancy for years now. Moreso than the average GTA power centre. I can't really explain why other than it just might be excess retail. They now rent out units to tenants they never would have imagined renting to before. Like indoor golf simulator or the bins store where they have organized liquidation stuff but also random shit in bins where the pricing is different each day of the week. Wednesday for example is 3 for $5. That's the kind of store you find at some old industrial building that is just waiting to be bought out, demolished and redeveloped. There is also now gym for Burlington Gynmastics Club. Those usually would be found in a light industrial plaza, not at a big box plaza.
Excess retail in the broader area, and it's in a no-man's land surrounded by industry with limited access to a single major street. I doubt many people go by and think "hey, I need to stop at X" and then drive into the complex (the theatres are the most visible thing from Burloak Drive). The long-planned Wyecroft Road extension would help it a lot, never mind improving the road network in the area.