View Single Post
Old Posted Dec 19, 2017, 10:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neighbor View Post
Well for one, I was not comparing the US to some third or second world nation - I'd assume that you could deduce that from my Japan comparison. Second this isn't rocket science, the expectation set is no different than the same etiquette you'd have if you were driving or using virtually any other mode of transportation for that matter. Slow keep to the right, pass on the left. It's literally that simple.

Perhaps the Beltline is just emblematic of shitty Atlanta drivers who still haven't figured that out. I see slow, inconsiderate drivers in the fast lane of the highway all the time, so I guess we should expect that on the Beltline as well? In any case, the Beltline should be doing more to incentive and promote proper trail etiquette.

I'd also like to point out that the Beltline's sister trail, the Freedom Parkway trail, also has markings separating the sides of the path and I don't hear anyone squealing about that.
I agree with you, I am all for path markings.. Whatever can keep trails as efficient and organized as possible.. I'm just saying lets not get ahead of ourselves, urbanity on this scale in Atlanta is still a new thing, people are learning, it will still take some time to be on the level of other world class cities. And driving and walking are 2 very different things, with out getting into details, I wouldn't compare the two.

If there is one thing I learned, there are plenty of bad drivers almost anywhere you go, Miami, LA, San Fran, etc and certainly Atlanta. You should see how chaotic driving is in other countries, not talking about 2nd or 3rd world countries either, look at southern Europe, Italy, Greece for example.

And yea slow drivers on the left lane are pretty annoying to me.. It surprises me how some older people haven't figured out that the left lane is basically the get the **** out of the way lane, and some just don't care. But hey it's life you always except that in public, not everyone is aware or intentionally try to displeasure others. Technology and organization are the cure to all our traffic woes.

Last edited by One ATLien; Dec 19, 2017 at 10:28 PM.