View Single Post
Old Posted Apr 29, 2010, 7:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by llamaorama View Post
Call it a hunch, but that looks like Atlanta. South part beyond the airport. The wooded areas behind the lots, not all houses have fences, and huge size of the front yard all say Eastern US. In Texas, all yards would be fenced, the backyards would come together and the houses would be closer to the street.

Maybe it could be somewhere out by Magnolia or between 45 and 59 though. Bender's Landing maybe, lolz made me laugh as a huge Futurama fan. I have to be suspicious of anything named Bender...

I think it is unfair to judge a place I don't know about so I am not targeting any negativity towards whatever suburb is in that photo, just the concept or idea the picture is supposed to represent according to the article.

It is the absolute worst of what I don't like about SPRAWL. As opposed to a suburb which are really independent towns with schools, parks, and commercial and industrial areas vs. these randomly located home developments. Being able to drive around isn't as much a part of it, so much as a kind of social and economic inter-dependence that is the difference between a community and just a geographic location where people live.
Texas lot sizes are a quarter to half the size of those pictured. That is definitely Atlanta. The 675/285 junction to be exact, a few miles east of the airport. What's funny is that the typical suburban lot built in Atlanta today is smaller than those pictured.

Here's a streetview of the neighborhood pictured.