View Single Post
Old Posted Jan 6, 2012, 1:40 AM

Wow theres been a lot of discussion on here since my last post. Good points from a lot of people. On the height limits issue, if you build it in Tysons it has been proven the users will come. With Office space its a no brainer, if you build a 600' building it will sell and at really great rates as that kind of space is just not available in DC or Arlington even. While 1775 is currently being built speculatively, the fact that it sits one block from metro 123, and the fact that it will line up nicely with a likely recovering in the economy in 2013 we could see a perfect storm of under supplied real estate. Other office buildings over the past 3 years have maintained great occupancy rates even with the massive over stock of millions of square feet.

Whats really interesting is going to be when the new residential towers start opening. This is a segment of the market that just hasnt been in Tysons, or atleast not to a great extent. And I come bearing news!

-I attended the NovaForward conference where Georgelas confirmed their first residential tower will begin construction eminently (this month). I havent had a chance to take a tour of that area yet but I assume fencing and other light construction practices may already be taking place.
-I recently wrote an article on the Avalon Park Crest beginning to rise impressively (though it will top out at 6 stories). But more interestingly Park Crest Two, the newest in the complex is beginning construction. They have already begun earthwork on the new 19-story building which includes a dog park (which I will love). I will be writing a new article on my webpage soon about Park Crest 2.
-I just finished a new article on the Lerner projects status for 1775, but the interesting portion of the project will be the new 30-story condo towers along 123 which I hope they begin soon as well.

I'll keep on watching the developments around me and I hope when 1775 starts showing some interesting structural components to take a nice birds eye picture from near by. I ask anyone who is interested to please help support my news page (still in its infancy though growing up quickly) for the Tysons region at www.thetysonscorner.com

Also since you guys seem to know tysons corner as well as anyone else maybe give me some suggestions on some projects that you'd like more information on so I can do more research and talk to people involved.