View Single Post
Old Posted Jun 27, 2006, 11:06 PM
Me?!?

Well I just received a phone call and apparently we moved out of Shipoke in the knick of time, as it is about to be underwater AGAIN!

http://www.harrisburgpa.gov/

And here is the sad part in all of this: a few months before we moved we noticed a lot of homes going up for sale but they weren't selling. I just spoke to my old landlord the other day and he said one of the houses is actually going to auction because it sat on the market for so long! With a devestating flood in '04 and now AGAIN in '06, I highly doubt people are going to want to buy there now. Now stop for a second and add the Southern Gateway Project into the mix...will Shipoke still be desirable with all of these factors working against it? If so, will ins. companies continue to insure such a high risk place? Very, very doubtful and I fear HBG will be losing one of its treasures very soon. I don't think the city will let it toally go down the drain mind you, but I HIGHLY doubt it will remain the neighborhood it is now in the years to come. Very, very sad.