View Single Post
Old Posted Feb 9, 2015, 7:24 PM

Hello everyone, I'm a new member to the forum but have been following along with the Winnipeg related posts on and off for the past couple of years.

I have 3 questions that I'm hoping the experts here can answer with something easy to understand to the layman. Excuse my ignorance here as I know I have a lot to learn.

1. Why in Winnipeg are condos so much less affordable compared to the housing market when in other Canadian cities it's the other way around?

2. Why is it so difficult to build a hi-rise condo building in Winnipeg, when in other Canadian cities, condo construction is through the roof? Take Toronto for example...look at all the 30+ story towers that are either under construction or in the planning stages. Yet so many of them are barely 50% sold and occupied. Where are the developers getting financing from and how are they not losing their shirts?

3. With all the bad press surrounding Fortress, how the heck are they getting enough sales to allow them to build so many projects this year?