View Single Post
Old Posted Jun 19, 2018, 4:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wanderer34 View Post
And unfortunately, so is Philly’s contracting economy. Pittsburgh has more Fortune 500 and 1000 companies in their city limits and they’re the second largest city in the Commonwealth.

Heck San Diego has more Fortune 1000 companies than us. I love the city, believe it or not, but business taxes are unbelievably high, our economy is really reliant on one company (Comcast), and although Philadelphia is starting to grow in population, it’s a snails pace compared to NYC, DC, and Boston.

Not sure how Philly is going to end up, but I don’t make the rules here, and if I did, I would’ve made sure that Sunoco, Santander, and Lincoln Financial stayed headquartered here, as well as attracting certain corporations such as TD Bank, BlackTock, and even GE!Its not so much the tower, it’s our economy, and if we can’t diversify the economy, and Comcast gets beat by AT&T and Verizon, the city’s leaders have nobody to blame but themselves!
The struggle to attract business is 100% our economy and policies and precisely zero percent not building the ACC. Many are working to address policy and the tax and regulatory climate. We’ve made strides but have a long way to go. CTC looking good in that last set of shots!