View Single Post
Old Posted Dec 14, 2014, 4:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DKaz View Post
I thought it would be neat to have a thread with Vancouver transit on film, television, and music videos.
Recent or notable?

Currently running: "The Flash" has had several sequences where the Skytrain is visible.

Notable for use:
Paycheck has the Skytrain featured in the trailer and the cover of some European releases, even though that's actually a set (for obvious reasons.)
http://buzzer.translink.ca/2009/05/t...film-paycheck/
There's also a lengthy segment at Burrard station and an actual Skytrain goes by. It's also notable for having "The Buzzer" in the bus scene as well. More than one bus appears in the film (The interior and exterior are different buses.)

I have a -lot- of films on DVD that were filmed partially or entirely in the Vancouver area.

It's harder to find films or tv series that actually use Vancouver as Vancouver. The oldest one I have is "Shoot To Kill" which is 1988
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0096098/ , and it has two of the BC Ferries in it.

(The Never Ending Story is older(1984), and never actually references where it takes place, but you can see a bus in GasTown. Part II goes back to Gastown, Part III goes to Metrotown mall.)

Other Notables: X-files has the Skytrain in the background while they filmed outside the Library with the episode that takes place entirely at one of the Metrotower's (It's the one where the smart building starts killing people in it.)

Waterfront station gets used quite a bit. So does Pacific Central Station. Pretty much every time you see a heavy rail train in a production filmed in Vancouver, it's filmed inside the West Coast Express

"The Trial of the Incredible Hulk" has a very long segment on a MK I train from Burrard Station. Car number 048 (Spirit of Chase) inside. Oddly though, they film entering and exiting the same station. Two different train cars are used. 016, 048/047 are used depending on what you see.

Last edited by Kisai; Dec 14, 2014 at 5:51 AM.