View Single Post
Old Posted May 24, 2012, 4:08 PM
Never Dell

Quote:
Originally Posted by WilliamTheArtist View Post
Have been thinking about going to Fort Worth to check this area out. I am curious though, what do they do about parking and or transit in this area? Are there sidewalks/pedestrian friendly areas that are bustling most of the time?

It frustrates me that here every new building that goes up seems to need parking right next door. The city will spend millions on new parking garages but not entertain the notion of transit, even just a downtown circulator route, to get people to and from the more than ample parking that exists all around downtown.
I haven't been there. From google maps it looks like a decent core if they can fill some holes, including a lot of historic buildings mostly in the area referenced. But they also have some "campus" type development on the downtown fringes that would be wasteful even by the suburban standards...giant lawns even beyond the massive surface parking lots (the Cheasapeake Energy HQ is a shock...).

The project sounds great. Fort Worth seems to have bones that can be built upon.