View Single Post
Old Posted Apr 10, 2012, 11:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by feepa View Post
There's nothing to believe, that's the cold hard facts...and you're mighty delusional if you think anyone is obsessing over the Canucks. Mighty delusional. Not to mention a bit pretentious.

Most of us aren't blind homers here, and enjoy the good game of hockey. We watch hockey all season long, not just in April. Hockey shouldn't include the constant diving, whining, biting and hair pulling known as the canuck brand of hockey.... "oh the refs are out to get the canucks" conspiracy stories that seem to come out from Nuck fans and media every other week. You can try to deny these facts, but when even TSN, Sportsnet, CBC has mentioned it, not to mention the many sports writers out there....
Quote:
Originally Posted by SHOFEAR View Post
When you argue with a Canucks fan...well.... threads like this happen. It speaks volumes about the immaturity of their fan base. I suppose when you didn't have anything to cheer for up until a few years ago your going to be inundated with fans who lack a solid grasp of the game. Perhaps the next generation of vancouver fans will be more knowledgeable...but most likely history will repeat itself and the next generation of fans will latch on to whatever local team is the most succesfull (like soccer lol)...perpetuating the cycle of fans who lack a solid grasp of sports.
When you're a high profile team like the Canucks, a biting incident (when the guy is trying to jam his glove in Burrows' mouth), or a hair pulling incident (when Burrows is getting fish hooked), gets major media attention and is way over hyped. Other teams are just as dirty as the Canucks, they just don't get the same media attention. And the last time I saw a stat on diving penalties this year, the Canucks were at the bottom of the list, with Washington leading the league in diving.

The two of you are easily influenced by the media and you let them manipulate your perception of the team and the city. I'm sure as you get older, you won't be as susceptible to the persuasion of the media.