View Single Post
Old Posted Dec 9, 2011, 10:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by padthai View Post
My non-politically correct version of the statement:

Wednesday, in an interview I made comments regarding the salary adjustment given my Chief of Staff that left the impression saying that the initiative originated in the Human Resources Department. This was not the case a lie, as I noted in the clarification correction I issued when I realized the impression media and public firestorm that had been created by my remarks. I regret any negative inference effects on my reputation that may have been created. The issue of salary review for this office is, of course, my responsibility as mayor. While I did seek comparative historical information from Human Resources wanted to hike Peggy's pay and while I acted on the basis of that information got HR to back me up, it was not my intention to suggest that the final approval was anyone's other than my own. It is time to put this unfortunate distraction behind us for me to pretend like this isn't a big deal in a time of fiscal restraint, and hopefully we can get back to tackling the many important issues move on to my next big PR blunder and exciting opportunities that we will face as a petty bickering we will see in council in the coming year.

Bob Bratina, Mayor PR Nightmare