View Single Post
Old Posted Jun 18, 2008, 5:18 PM

"Let's just see how this one plays out. If investment is indeed flowing into NK it would be great news for the country. Isolating the nation even more than it has been for decades isn't going to make it better."

Though it would be nice, I would trust Kim Jong Il as much as the Junta that runs Myanmar with money. Point: Rough estimate of $125mil US has been pumped into assisting with the cyclone aid in Myanmar, yet the ruling junta is making those worst affected by the crisis work for their share of just the basics, stuff that is handed out for free in just about any other country.

The so where did the rest go? The junta took the rest. I have no doubt in my mind that Kim Jong Il will do the same with this influx of funds.

As far as permission to ride public transportation, HAVE YOU SEEN SATELLITE IMAGES OF NORTH KOREA???!?!?! Everything but the palace doesn't even have power at night. So where is the counterargument that people will be allowed to ride said system?! They aren't even afforded basic electricity.

But by golly if their AT&T phone won't have the most bars in northeaster Asia.

I'm done.

-Steve Wright