View Single Post
Old Posted Sep 5, 2013, 2:10 AM

I believe there is a word for what this guy is doing... it's called TROLLING

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCs77 View Post
Exactly, and as a matter of fact, this last information is much more like a rumor. It could end up being true, but also could be anybody just making that up.
Those 1550 feet is indeed official information, if the devoloper decided to decrease the height, for whatever reason, it is another thing.
Anyway, we'll have to wait and see what is the true truth.

I think that about 99 % of newyorkers weren't aware that they were possibly going to build a 1550+ skyscraper. (as most of them must not know that they are building such a tall tower as 432 Park for example)
You can be sure that if it the decreased height end up being true, Barnett would have a good reason for that. If for him is more convienent to build a 1250 ft. tower instead of 1550 one he would do the former. His primary objetive is not to build the tallest tower in New York, that is just a plus.
And architectural soap opera has been a lot, how many projects has been announced to much fanfarre and ended up at nothing at all? At least this one, with more or less height, seems to be build.

1. I'd say more Like 98.23% but those majority NYers are not his customers.
2. Not with all the hubbub his to-be customers are reading about, going from topping all the buildings in the western hemisphere to barely taller than the soon-to-be 3rd tallest? I don't think so, he would lose the appeal.
3."Next Time on Days of our Skyscrapers..."

Last edited by NYguy; Sep 5, 2013 at 12:17 PM.