View Single Post
Old Posted Sep 14, 2018, 3:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.OT13 View Post
Well no shit dingbat!!

If you drag your feet for 12 years, potential tenants will have no confidence in your ability to get this shit done. It's like a condo project sitting dormant for a couple years. No one will buy in because they don't know if it will ever get built.

This for me should be the final straw. The guy clearly stated he has no plans to fix it. Pursuing "other development opportunities" that will only fit into heritage restrictions "to a degree" means he's waiting for he place to fall down. On top of that, he's threatening legal action if the City bills him for any work on the building.

The City needs to step up and expropriate. It is the only option left at this point. And as soon as they own the place, they need to start work immediately, and not drag on consultations for years on end.
Our office looked at this location for a potential re-locate in the next 3-5 years. Not one of my partners or I were willing to take a risk on land being developed by this clown. Way past time now for the city to take things into their own hands!