View Single Post
Old Posted Feb 13, 2012, 8:11 PM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by marshall View Post
I am not and have never been a fan of 2wtc design. It looks like someone took a giant saw and sheared off the top of the building. It just looks bland, like it could be any blah office tower in any generic American city. I personally think that 1wtc will show up much better if 2wtc is built much smaller than intended. Maybe it will be a good thing if 2wtc is built shorter than intended due to lack of tenants/money. Short of building two versions of 1wtc, I think aesthetically, letting 1wtc have the spotlight at the sight and not have two more tall buildings crowding it..Thats just my take..Instead of crowd 1wtc with two bland, generic-looking buildings, let it stand alone there.
You would be in the minority, I think. If the tower is shortened, it will be too close in height to the other 2 buildings, which will make the whole complex look underwhelming. Also, this is the most different of the 4 towers, it has an iconic presence and looks nothing like a typical American tower, that is, what typical American city has a Norman Foster suptertall?

Since they lowered WTC3, I presume there may be a good chance that WTC2 could be lowered, but it would be a travesty of epic proportions. My whole interest in the complex would evaporate in that case.