View Single Post
Old Posted Sep 29, 2015, 8:23 PM

A bridge is probably a bad idea, and pretty much impossible or overly expensive that the gains can't possibly justify the costs.

But a highway connection to Squamish I think is justified. It doesn't need to be nice. I'm thinking the quality of the 99 between Pemberton to Lillooet. It just needs to exist.

Most people would probably take the ferry, as it would save like 2 hours. It would probably even cost around the same when you think of how much gas most cars use on a twisty mountain road.

But there are times when the road would be handy. There are times when the ferries are really busy. And even times when they are not running (like at night).

I was over there one weekend this summer, and it was so busy coming back on Sunday that I got there for a ferry around 5pm, and didn't get on until the last one. I probably would have driven around if I could have as that would take around the same time. If I didn't make the last ferry (like some unlucky souls) I would have just been stuck there all night.

It would also be handy for when the Sea to Sky is closed for it's routine crash cleanup. If you are in a hurry, you could take the ferry to bypass the closed highway.

And it would be kind of cool to actually connect highway 101 with highway 99 on the map.