View Single Post
Old Posted Apr 19, 2017, 10:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crawford View Post
We're talking office HQ, no? There are very few major tech HQ in CBDs.

Yes, the satellite offices are often in urban areas, because they have different functions, usually. They're often very heavy ad sales, and need to be around buyers. Even Google's Detroit office is in a very urban, walkable CBD.
in midtown atl, all in the past year or two:

NCR is moving their hq to 485k+240k sq ft buildings under construction - consolidating all employees from the burbs and other offices out of state - 6-7k employees

honeywell opening up software dev center in midtown, taking 62k in existing building

equifax adding 100k square feet/650 employees in existing building (4 floors in one atlantic center) - fintech related jobs

GE picked midtown atlanta for IT hq - 400 employees

sage (british biz mgmt software company) moving 400 employees to midtown

salesloft moving from tech village in buckhead to midtown - 300 jobs

this one's from 3 years ago - worldpay moves 671 employees/HQ to atlantic station

ga tech is currently constructing a 750k sq ft collaborative office building oriented around tech, with a massive datacenter at its base. coda

i'm being brief, but i think that's a fairly decent bit of evidence showing where the trends are going here. hell, there's discussion around my own company of relocating to midtown when the lease on our current building ends...