View Single Post
Old Posted Jul 17, 2014, 7:20 PM
Reluctant Hobbesian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanD View Post
R
Instead of focusing on Cheery Creek as just a stop on the line, have there been any thoughts / plans on actually making a larger transfer / central transit station here? Kind of like a small Civic Center or something? With all of the new development and a couple thousand new people living / working in CC, it would only make sense to me. Thoughts?
I don't think there's a ton of routes that terminate at Cherry Creek. In fact, I believe there's none. There are enough routes for transfers, but the majority of those occur at Alameda and Colorado. There has been talk about turning the Speer corridor between Civic Center and Cherry Creek into an transit enhanced corridor (Feasibility Study) with enhanced stops like the Transit Station Stop in Cirrus' chart. RTD seems to be giving this some serious thought, but the question remains- who will pay for the necessary capital improvements? If only there was some sort of plan that the residents of Denver could get behind to pay for some enhanced transit corridors.....

All of us who are concerned for peace and triumph of reason and justice must be keenly aware how small an influence reason and honest good will exert upon events in the political field. ~Albert Einstein