View Single Post
Old Posted Jun 8, 2008, 4:55 PM
Man of Many Statistics

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrea View Post
I'm not sure I understand that, Dante. I know a whole slew of people working for Obama and they haven't been secretive about it at all.

I'm not quite as star struck about Obama as you are and don't see him as the greatest thing since sliced bread. Nonetheless I do think the country needs a president who can bring the warring factions together. I really miss the old days when Democrats and Republicans were able to work together and actually get things done. Give me an Eisenhower and a Truman and an LBJ. These days we’re constantly mired in these ridiculous partisan logjams about idiotic issues like who can get married and whether the planet was created 8,000 years ago and whether you can carry your gun on the bus.

I also see where there would be value in electing an African American president. It would go a long way in symbolizing some healing of the deep racial divides which have plagued our country for so long. It might also signal to the rest of the world that the U.S. is not the arrogant old fuddy-duddy that so many seem to think we are but that we’re actually pretty hip. Tell those smarty-pants Brits and Canadians and Aussies to try that on for size!
Two points. I wasn't suggesting Obama's staff was secret, just they weren't controversial or news making. Also, I don't support Obama because he is black. I could care less. It was a process of elimination for me. I cannot support the current Republican agenda and I cannot support the Clinton agenda. I had no other choices. Given that I do think he is a capable leader with less ties to corruption and I think that is refreshing. I also understand the liberal agenda and unlike some, I understand that it does work.