View Single Post
Old Posted May 21, 2016, 8:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mezzanine View Post
Are you serious? For a mayor to announce something like this at a high profile event like this is something out of a news article from the Onion. I get that she is excited about higher level economic development, but at least end with talk about things at least that affects more people. B-line service? Updates on skytrain station renovations? IMO she should have closed with planned improvements on school overcrowding.
I don't know why everyone is picking on you, I get what you are getting at.

It's a small infrastructure enhancement (and I mean small, helipads aren't big) that will benefit next to no one in the city. It's like bragging about a gold plated toilet with an attendant in a private office building; that sure is fancy and might get some rich snob out to visit it, but really, as long as it's not fucking up everyone's lives by wasting thousands of gallons of water or taxpayer money, who cares?

Maybe they will put a helipad in the Sur-Del area near the paper printing plant they are turning to a massive sound stage so that some famous actors don't have to drive across a bridge, but as long as it is not waking people up first thing in the morning, who cares?