View Single Post
Old Posted Mar 22, 2011, 3:06 AM
Hindrance to Development

I'm not seeing anything about what you're describing in those articles. A security consultant is saying that it might be possible that some applications of HSR might utilize higher levels of security than conventional rail travel. That's a great big distance from "ALL AMERICAN HSR WILL USE SUPER HIGH SECURITY TSA SECURITY TECHNIQUES," which is apparently where you leapt from that point.

The other article, which I admit I don't have the brainpower to interpret from Google Translate-speak or whatever, doesn't seem to have anything to do with your assertions either. Yes, railroads require safety and security measures, and, as I said, existing railroads, high-speed and otherwise, already have them. Again, this does not support your assertion that American HSR will have TSA-style screenings.

I don't think you're a liar, Econgrad, but I do think you're imagining things and treating them as facts.

And it was my "spelling flame," I was being critical of your homophones, not accusing you of flaming me. I think you're the one getting paranoid.